There really is a science to creating a tight, toned and sexy mid section.
When I created my best abs at 40, I learned that the recipe was very different than what I thought.
I used to think that cardio and ab exercises were the key to making a tight tummy. And was pleasantly surprised to find out I was all wrong! (And hallelujah for that because I really don’t like cardio or ab exercises!)
What your mid-section looks like is highly dependent on three things:
- The amount of lean muscle mass you have ALL over your body
- How, what, and when you eat (yes, abs are mostly created in the kitchen)
- Strategic cardio
Therefore, the answer to this question isn’t exactly straight forward, but…
YES, what you do in the kitchen (or restaurant) has a ton to do with what your tummy looks like. Keep in mind that this goes deeper than the body fat that you have around your mid-section. What you eat does influence if your body stores or burns fat.
Achieving stable blood sugar levels by eating according to macros is an essential part of losing body fat.
Additionally, often what you think is body fat, is actually inflammation and digestive bloating. In my experience, 80% of the women I coach are eating at least 3 foods causing digestive inflammation. Even minor food sensitivities (that you may be unaware of) can cause you to think you have more fat on your mid section than you really do.
Yep! That’s why achieving flat and toned abs is so challenging. For most women, it’s not as simple as doing some cardio and eating well. Often, there is inflammation coming from food sensitivities and stress. These two together can cause gas, bloating, and low levels of mysterious inflammation. And in my experience, this is common territory for many women.
Stop right now and check out this week’s video below. You’ll learn how much strength training you need to improve your mid-section. You’ll also learn why sometimes it’s not as simple as “eating well” as most women do. Sometimes you need to be a bit more strategic, and in today’s video I give you my approach that is literally working miracles for my clients.
Check out this video and then drop me a note and share your thoughts in the Comments section below!
If you are inspired after today’s video…
- Click HERE to improve your lean muscle mass and improve your strength training game
- Click HERE to get my totally free Macros 101 Guidebook so you can start stabilizing your blood sugar through nutrition and,
- Click HERE to learn more about Food Sensitivity testing to learn what foods are causing silent inflammation inside of your body! I run an IgG Food Sensitivity test on most of my private coaching clients and the results have been incredible.
And don’t forget to JOIN ME every Wednesday for “LIVE with Holly” on Facebook and Instagram.
Be sure to check out “LIVE with Holly” HERE!